Updated: 18th June 2020
Child Protection Policy Statement
CrossFit Bua is committed to safeguarding the well-being of all the children and young people with whom our staff come into contact. Our policy on child protection is in accordance with “Children First – National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children” (Department of Children and Youth Affairs, 2011) and Our Duty to Care. The principles of good practice for the protection for children and young people”. We are committed to promoting the rights of the child to be protected, be listened to and have their own views taken into consideration.
Child Protection Policies
- Children under the age of 12 must be supervised at all times while in the building.
- Children aged 13, 14 & 15 may participate in CrossFit classes but they must be accompanied by a parent/guardian in the class.
- Children aged 13, 14 & 15 are permitted to partake in extra training outside CrossFit classes but they must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Children should come to class sufficiently fed to sustain training levels.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the inBody machine.
- 16-18 year olds can attend classes and have full access to facility with parental consent.
- Exemptions at management’s discretion.