Updated: 7th September 2019
Child Protection Policy Statement
CrossFit Bua is committed to safeguarding the well-being of all the children and young people with whom our staff come into contact. Our policy on child protection is in accordance with “Children First – National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children” (Department of Children and Youth Affairs, 2011) and Our Duty to Care. The principles of good practice for the protection for children and young people”. We are committed to promoting the rights of the child to be protected, be listened to and have their own views taken into consideration.
Child Protection Policies
- Children under the age of 12 must be supervised at all times while in the building.
- Children aged 13, 14 or 15 not participating in class may be in the building but they must sit at the tables at reception in clear view of the parent/guardian.
- Children aged 13, 14 & 15 may participate in CrossFit classes but they must be accompanied by a parent/guardian in the class.
- Children aged 13, 14 & 15 are permitted to partake in extra training outside CrossFit classes but they must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Kids classes are for kids aged 6 -12.
- Children should come to class sufficiently fed to sustain training levels.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the inBody machine.
- 16-18 year olds can attend classes and have full access to facility with parental consent.
- Exemptions at management’s discretion.
Kid Class Policies
- All Bua Beags must take a seat at the tv screens when they arrive to the gym
- All Bua Beags must respect each other and the level of fitness they have. We have lots of movements to learn. Be patient, kind and throw out lots of high fives
- All Bua Beags must respect the equipment. We all want to get full use of the great stuff we use to make us fit and strong. No throwing or dropping equipment, walking across boxes and definitely no swinging on ropes
- All Bua Beags must respect the grownup members. They are fit and strong and lift heavy weights.
All Bua Beags must follow the SEAL CODE
– No dropping bars, dumbbells, weights or skipping ropes
– No swinging sticks or out of bars, rings or ropes
– Ready for action
– Hungry for more fun
– Listen to instructions such as:
“Make 2 lines”, “Stop”, “Get ready in 3,2,1 “
– Be kind, show respect and lots of Hi 5s
– No moaning, fighting or tantrums
NEVER GIVE UP
Pre/Post Class Procedure for Parents
We provide crossfit coaching to your kids to get them fit and strong in a safe environment. In order to do this, we ask you to follow these simple rules:
- Arrive for class 5 minutes early. This is to ensure all kids are signed in on Wodify. This time also allows for any questions you may have for the coach
- Parents/Guardians are not permitted to interrupt the coaches or to step onto the training area once class has started. This is to comply with stringent insurance and child protection law
- Class is 45 minutes in duration. Parents/Guardians must be present to collect their kids at the end of class.
- We may wish to take photographs and short video clips of the kid’s class for our social media pages. Please let us know if you do not wish to have your child included in these photographs or videos